Administrative Assistant - 12 Month FTCApply
Shield Therapeutics plc is a specialty pharmaceutical company formed in 2008 focusing on the development and commercialisation of late-stage, hospital-focused pharmaceuticals which address areas of high unmet medical need. The Company’s key products are Feraccru®, for the treatment of iron deficiency in adult patients with or without anaemia and PT20 (a late stage pharmaceutical) for the treatment of systemic phosphate accumulation
By joining our dynamic company, you will provide administrative support to the Newcastle leadership team, corporate support and HR team with all aspects of business and administrative support and work in partnership with our administrative teams across our offices based in Newcastle/London.
Responsibilities for Administrative assistant include;
• Being the first point of contact for all visitors to the Newcastle office.
• Responsible for answering all internal/external calls to the office switchboard in addition to the timely distribution of messages. Responsible for maintaining the company telephony voicemails and troubleshooting any hardware problems staff may report.
• Manage the Newcastle meeting rooms booking schedules, to include VDU set up and support with any refreshment, lunch orders required for meetings.
• Manage office supply stock levels, to include stationery, printer consumables, business cards and general office supplies.
• Co-ordinate IT support issues in partnership with our outsourced IT Provider for all office hardware issues. To include supporting HR with all DSE requirements for new starters and the issue, set up and collection of all IT for new starter/leaver requests.
• Ensure office cleanliness is maintained to high standards. To include monitoring any H&S issues that relate to cleanliness and communicating these to staff.
• Managing relationships between Shield and office landlord to include reporting any office maintenance and complying with any H&S legislation implications.
• Assisting the Newcastle based Senior leadership team with all travel and diary management requirements. To include supporting with expenses, credit card reconciliations and drafting of documents as requested.
• Update and maintain, working in partnership with London admin team, the company internal telephone directory monthly and cascading where appropriate.
• Responsible for ensuring that the post into the Newcastle office is distributed and tracked accordingly.
• Supporting HR/legal team for any administrative tasks to include ad hoc scanning, printing, drafting and emailing documents as requested.
• Responsible for archiving of company documents as instructed, including creation of arching systems to enable better organisation.
• Work in partnership with HR ensuring all Newcastle office workers have annual DSE assessments. Including maintenance of documents and reporting to HR any reasonable adjustments.
• Ensure compliance with H&S legislation to include supporting H&S Officer and managing the central database for Fire Marshall and First aiders.
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills, Competencies,
• Significant previous experience working in similar discipline in high functioning organisation.
• Good time management skills.
• Skilled communicator, with ability to communicate upwards if required.
• High level of proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Detail-focused and comfortable working in a fast-paced office.
• Assertive and confident in challenging decisions.
• Flexible approach to dynamic work environment.
• Proactive and enthusiastic.
• Hard working with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
Remuneration and Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Pension -3% matching contribution
• Employee Insurances – Life Assurance, Critical Illness, Income protection
• Private Medical Insurance and Health Cashplan.
• Free parking
• 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata)
To request a full detailed job description please apply below*